architectural beauty: cave house, mallorca

September 30, 2011

Designer Alexandre de Betak has been fantasizing of owning a Cave house for quite some time. He spent the last few years looking for that perfect place to build his dream ‘cave home’ with a modern touch when he stumbled upon this perfect place in the Tramuntana region of Mallorca. The exaggerated curves and rustic stone appearance are what make this home beautiful, memorable and so much fun to look at. via

• Reply Joy September 30, 2011 at 9:40 am

Seriously gorgeous interiors!

• Reply Luxe Vida September 30, 2011 at 11:39 am

This place is a dream! The outside is stunning but the inside is just breath-taking. Wouldn’t mind ending up somewhere just like that!. Have a lovely weekend, Sara x

• Reply cindybusygurl September 30, 2011 at 12:17 pm

I love these photos…makes me feel i’ve traveled this morning…absolute beauty!!

• Reply Samia {Burrs & Berries} October 1, 2011 at 6:22 pm

So, so beautiful and such a dream. Could only imagine how lovely it must be to wake up in a place like this everyday!

• Reply Sarah October 2, 2011 at 11:14 am

Hello Amanda,

How are you? Hope you are enjoying this weekend… as for your fabulous post here, you had me at the very word, “cave”—wow! A modern, cozy cave. I really enjoy the lines, the details (especially that little book shelf) and how relaxing the entire place looks… so glad you shared it with us. I think I have to bookmark it!

xo, Sarah

• Reply Jackie October 3, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. That movie theater room will be mine one day and I’m daydreaming of reading a good book on those outdoor beds. Relaxation at it’s finest!

• Reply Secret Camouflage October 3, 2011 at 10:03 pm

We just LOVED your blog! That’s amazing, congrats!
    xoxo

@3DOOTS

• Reply Aleya Bamdad October 4, 2011 at 4:03 pm

The pool area is amazing. A person can sit there for days.

• Reply blue fruit October 4, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Lots of beautiful details make this home really appeal. Like those bookshelves! Not sure if they are timber or stone? Love the little cubby holes too. But the most amazing space is your last image: it SO makes me want to go there, right now!

• Reply Linda (Heartfire At Home) October 4, 2011 at 11:50 pm

It’s simply beautiful. Very sculptural. I really love the interior doors and the shutters too!

Linda. :)

• Reply Rachael October 7, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Amanda, this place is heavenly..I have actually stayed in a stone house in this

• Reply Rachael October 7, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Hi Amanda,

This place is heavenly. I have actually stayed in a stone house not to disimiliar to this (in exterior) in this region of Mallorca and it is breathtakingly beautiful amongst the olive trees and the picturesque villages.

Thanks for jogging the memory. Have a great weekend. x

• Reply Lana October 31, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Love the exterior of this house and those giant sized lounger/beds!