Gorgeous style, {feathers are my favorite…}

December 18, 2009

( source: top image is from here, dresses from left to right, graceful peacock feather dressbergdorf goodman feather dressostrich feather coatdvf layered feather dress )

• Reply Mallory December 19, 2009 at 1:16 am

the last one is completely glorious. peacock-ly amazing.

• Reply Leslie December 19, 2009 at 3:49 am

I love the coat the most.

• Reply Sarah Klassen December 19, 2009 at 5:49 am

Pretty — I really like the second and last one!

Have a great weekend, Amanda :)

• Reply xing December 19, 2009 at 7:15 am

I remember seeing the first picture in teen vogue many moons ago. I might be completely wrong though. Following the source leads to a website that leads to a flickr page that has nothing about the real source of the picture. If I remember correctly, I loved the whole editorial. It was flighty and eccentric and romantic.

Pardon me, but why the sudden feather loving?

• Reply laceandtea December 19, 2009 at 8:17 am

That Teen Vogue is the only one I own actually. I love it so much.

Well I wouldnt say I am suddenly loving feathers hehe, I've always loved them. I own a lot of vintage feathery jewelry/hats/accessories. I wouldnt call it an obsession though, just something I like to add to my wardrobe!

• Reply xing December 20, 2009 at 6:55 am

Now that you mentioned it, I want to dig mine out and relive it again. Do you remember who was on the cover and/or the issue?

You should take a picture of your feathery finds! I'm very intrigued. Do you regularly wear them or is it more like an indoors collection?

• Reply laceandtea December 20, 2009 at 7:16 am

Kristen Stewart was on the cover (It was December 08/January 09)

I may one day take a picture, i'll have to wait for sunnier days. I sometimes wear it out, the more extravagant pieces (like my coat) I dont wear as much – usually once or twice a year. All of the accessories I wear out often, I love them!

• Reply La Vie December 20, 2009 at 12:04 am

oh my goodness! I LOVE feathers. I've been thinking for over a year about how much I love feathers and now they're finally starting to take over! I actually just did a whole skirt covered in feathers (http://lavienouveau.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/d… )

I adore that photo so much!

oh, and I LOVE your blog – so inspiring!