Sophie Vlaming, {Harper’s Bazaar Romania}

December 17, 2009

A stunning editorial featuring a lovely mix of roses and form-fitting dress. I instantly noticed how perfect the styling is. Sophie Vlaming has been pushing out some wonderful editorials lately and I am always taken back by her natural beauty, especially in these kind of beauty editorials that emphasize it.

Some links you might enjoy …

make a difference, {pencils of promise} – (thisisglamorous)
david eustace, {anthropologie} – (olivet)
embroidery art, {by lori hutchinson} (315thomas)

( source: photographed by sylvie malfray and scanned by blueeyes on tfs – rose pictured was taken from flickr )

• Reply Darrah December 17, 2009 at 7:13 pm

This is a beautiful shoot. I can't believe how long her legs are! Not to mention the six inches added by her Christian Louboutins!

• Reply laceandtea December 18, 2009 at 2:48 am

Yep! Those Louboutins have been everywhere, it keeps tempting me to blow my paycheck on them! hehe

• Reply {this is glamorous} December 18, 2009 at 2:16 am

the styling is gorgeous, especially the last image — just so lovely
    thanks so much for linking + supporting the pencils of promise project!

hope you're having a beautiful week,
    xo

• Reply laceandtea December 18, 2009 at 2:48 am

You're welcome! Hope you are having a fantastic week as well.

• Reply xing December 20, 2009 at 7:04 am

Did you add the center red roses pic? If so, it's a very nice touch. It makes adds to the dramatic nature of the editorial. It's nice and sharp and the texture of the petals make it more interesting than just another rose pic.

I'm amazed that the colour palette was mainly neutral colours with some sheen. Nudes, greys, blacks, browns and dark blues. The one real pop of colour was the red from her lips and the red from the roses. Even then, it's kinda like a muted red. I always thought dramatic was done with lush rich jewel tones but this editorial is better than a lot of those out there. It's stunning and impressive.

Thanks for posting!

• Reply laceandtea December 20, 2009 at 7:18 am

Yep I added the rose picture, I found it on flickr and thought it was too lovely.

I love muted reds too, I own way too many lipsticks in that general tone.